The primary responsibility of the Structural Dynamics/Seismic Design Engineer and Analyst is to understand the static load and dynamic vibration environments that structures, systems, and components must operate in, and use analytical technical to determine the stress and loads imposed on those SSCs; work with the Design Engineers to ensure SSCs developed can withstand those environments under all operational and non-operational conditions.
• Based on requirements and user needs, develop predictions of mechanical/physical environments, including dynamic vibration inputs due to: transportation shock, vibration, and handling loads; earthquake and other seismic low frequency vibrations; mechanical loads due to assembly and testing; operational vibration, compression, tensile or shear
loads; fatigue and/or creep effects.
• Work with Mechanical Design Engineers to support development of concepts and designs that will survive identified vibration and loading environments. Quantify design safety margins, factors of safety, natural frequencies, and vibrational modes; demonstrate SSCs show positive margins against those loads/inputs.
• Determine mechanical testing methods; support design and analysis of test rigs, fixtures, test set-ups, and unique “test only” equipment to enable test simulation to the expected loading environment, and successful testing of the SSC in question within causing damage to the hardware.
• Support systems engineering in developing approaches and techniques for verifying structural, vibration, and shock requirements can be applied and that the test article meets requirements at the most appropriate level of assembly.
• Correlate model predictions and component loading spectrums, to component/subsystem/system test performance inputs and response. Develop methods to update/modify/correct models to ensure discrepancies are quantified and understood.
• Support material review boards, development of corrective actions, and re-verification of design requirements as part of test anomaly review/resolution, manufacturing limitations, and design errors from a structural/mechanical analysis perspective.
• Technical proficiency in finite element modelling tools and software
• Experience modeling and analyzing non-linear systems
• Working knowledge of relevant design Codes and Standards (e.g., ASME, NRC)
• Communications proficiency
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Collaboration Skills
• Critical Thinking
• Troubleshooting Skills
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must be eligible to apply for and possess a U.S. security clearance with either the Dept. of Defense or the Dept. of Energy
• Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Materials Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related field
• Eight years of experience in stress analysis, structural dynamics analysis, and finite element model interpretation of stress/strain to predict design system’s mechanical performance.
• Three years conducting dynamic vibration and/or static load tests; correlating data/results.
• In-depth knowledge analyzing complex components using Finite Element modeling software; integration of models; simplified model development. FEMAP, ANSYS, NASTRAN, MSC-Marc, Abaqus FEA, or similar tool set is preferred
• Experience in conceptualizing and developing complex models and interface modelling methods; leading teams to translate static and dynamic loads into effective and efficient tests to verify component/system survivability and life.
• Ability to work in a team to produce desired outputs in short turnaround times.
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
To Apply by Email: [email protected]