Reactor Thermodynamic Systems Analyst
The Reactor Thermodynamic Systems Analyst is responsible for process analysis and identifying reactor and power convertor system operational capabilities, constraints, limitations, and failure mechanisms. In addition, this position helps in the identification and implementation of systems solutions that support efficient, effective work. The Systems Analyst is responsible for the steady state and transient analyses of the reactor core design, plant design, and operational modelling.
• Perform thermal-fluid system-level analyses, process design and develop reactor/plant control philosophy design solutions and approaches.
• Conduct systems integration in a multidisciplinary environment: coordinate with all engineering disciplines related to thermal-fluid machinery, (instrumentation and control systems, mechanical and electrical systems, neutronics design, electromechanical including reactivity control system, other).
• Perform mathematical model derivation for engineering calculations: algorithm development in C++, C#, or Matlab.
• Be an advanced user of Systems Engineering system simulation software: includes the modeling of systems involving liquid, compressible gases; applications of two-phase and slurry flow.
• Develop system verification and validations plans, including code V&V efforts.
• Think critically and reflectively
• Create and synthesize knowledge
• Demonstrate critical engineering and scientific skills
• Strong Initiative/Self Starter
• Team Player & able to work with diverse groups
• Highly motivated
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must be eligible to apply for and possess a U.S. security clearance with either the Dept. of Defense or the Dept. of Energy
• PhD in Nuclear Engineering from a US accredited university or equivalent years experience
• Demonstrated expertise with Unix operating systems
• At least five years of experience with high-end workstations or High Performance Computing (HPC) clusters
• Desired expertise with C++ programming languages and scripting experience (using Matlab, Simulink, etc.)
• High temperature gas cooled reactor experience highly recommended
• Able to develop thermodynamic and couple electro-mechanical simulations of nuclear plants systems and their operation using Flownex, RELAP, or similar. of the physics characteristics of HTGRs
• Developing models, software, and processes consistent with NQA-1 processes.
• Able to effectively communicate results and analytical findings verbally and in writing.
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
To Apply by Email: [email protected]