The Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) oversees the X Energy, LLC (X-Energy) Quality Assurance function for the Reactor Program. The QAM provides strategic leadership and direction in the area of quality by implementing and maintaining programs for 10CFR50 App B, ASME NQA-1, and ISO 9001 by ensuring compliance of applicable requirements for all activities throughout the program life cycle. The QAM is responsible to manage and staff the Quality Assurance
- Responsible for independently ensuring the quality of all elements of the small mobile nuclear reactor, including reactor, power conversion, instrumentation and control, shipping/handling, testing and fuel.
- The QAM is responsible for addressing issues regarding program quality and safety; should issues raised not be addressed to the satisfaction of the QA Manager, the independence he/she maintains allows the unresolved issues to be brought directly to X-energy executive management for review/evaluation.
- The QAM is responsible to ensure the development and implementation of all organizational and engineering processes, procedures, and training that pertain to the Xe-Micro program, and ensure compliance to applicable codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Assist in developing, facilitating and implementing of key program business processes.
- Responsible for developing, establishing, implementing, executing, monitoring and maintaining the X-energy Quality Assurance Program Description (QAPD) and for obtaining the desired end result and ensuring it is enforced throughout the project lifecycle. This includes ensuring the relevant QAP elements are included in all verification and validation activities.
- The QAM has the authority to make judgments regarding quality and verify implementation of solutions and activities affecting quality in all Xe-Micro program areas.
- The QAM facilitates, coordinates, manages and oversees all internal and external QA audits and assessments as they pertain to the Xe-Micro Program, including resolution of issues and implementation of corrective/ preventive actions and improvements.
- The QAM manages and oversees supplier qualification to ensure that X-energy suppliers and subcontractors are performing in a manner consistent with X-energy Xe-Micro program standards, reviewing supplier quality practices through on-site surveillance, inspection and audit, and ensuring compliance with 10CFR50 Appendix B and ASME NQA-1 (as appropriate) and for directing corrective actions for non-compliances and deviations.
- Establishes, oversees, facilitates, provides and encourages appropriate company quality training.
- The QAM reports to executive management regarding QA Management System status and, where appropriate, concerns over significant hazards and risks and recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible to ensure that regular reviews of the QA Management System are performed in accordance with the required standards.
- Good leadership skills and effective management skills (planning, organizing, coordinating, directing).
- Professional presentation and strong communication skills.
- Good team player and excellent people skills, while remaining objective, assertive, and forthright.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, lateral thinking skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be eligible to apply for and possess a U.S. security clearance with either the Dept. of Defense or the Dept. of Energy
- BS Engineering, Physics, or related Sciences
- Certified Lead Auditor in ASME-NQA-1; similar certification in ISO 9001 is desired
- Applicable knowledge and insight in 10CFR50 App B, ASME NQA-1, and/or ISO 9001, with at least 10 years’ specific quality experience in the nuclear reactor environment and 10 years’ managerial experience in QA.
- Audit knowledge of IEEE 12207, ASME III and ASME VIII is desired.
- Experienced/seasoned certified lead auditor with at least 10 years’ audit experience.
- Proven track record in establishing, implementing, maintaining, monitoring of QA management systems.
- In depth knowledge and insight on documentation management and configuration management.
- In-depth knowledge on relevant QA topics e.g. Advance Quality Planning, Statistical Quality Techniques, Quality Control Plans, measuring & test equipment, writing of policies, procedures and processes and problem solving.
- Candidate must have a current or recent DOD “Top Secret” or DOE “Q” clearance and be a U.S. citizen.
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
To Apply by Email: [email protected]