Performs Quality Assurance in support of X-energy’s nuclear fuel development project, including documenting, implementing and maintaining quality requirements to a given system (i.e. ISO9000, OSHA, ASME NQA-1, etc). Ensure compliance to applicable NRC and DOE requirements for all project activities. Responsible for relevant administrative and technical quality decisions. Possess excellent knowledge, understanding and experience in functional discipline and its practical application and has detailed knowledge of applicable industry codes, guidelines, and regulations. Actively support safety culture.
The QA Manager – Fuel Development will support Quality Assurance activities associated with X-energy’s fuel development, fuel qualification and fuel facility development program.
• Ensure that processes/procedures needed for the fuel program Quality System are identified, established, implemented and maintained as necessary.
• Administer Calibration program for all test and inspection equipment.
• Administer a Corrective Action Request program/system and analyze data for improvement.
• Manage, plan and improve upon inspection & testing program, including all required inspection records.
• Monitor testing and inspections, where relevant, to specified standards.
• Analyze non-conformances and implement process improvement and corrective actions.
• Troubleshoot quality problems and contribute recommendations/solutions.
• Work with the process engineers to develop processes and procedures, document methodologies, and implement testing and inspection criteria.
• Provides statistical information for quality improvement.
• Assist with conducting internal/external quality audits and safety inspections.
• Implement and support evolution/improvement of the fuel program QAPD over the life of the program.
• Play active role to ensure safety culture is promoted and continually improved.
• Professional presentation and strong communication skills.
• Team player with excellent people/communication skills.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills (ability to solve practical problems and make logical decisions).
• Ability to recognize concerns immediately and react quickly.
• “Hands-on”, methodical and systematic approach to work. Able to perform independently and under pressure; exhibit good initiative and attention to detail. Proven audit skills.
• BS Quality/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
• ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratory Systems (desired)
• Relevant courses in quality, industrial safety, and workplace OSHA Safety & Health
• Five to Ten (5-10) years of demonstrated, applicable experience in the nuclear quality arena.
• Good knowledge, insight, and experience in implementing and/or managing within a rigorous documentation management system.
• Knowledge, understanding and ability to implement OSHA requirements.
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
To Apply by Email: [email protected]