The primary responsibility of the Mechanical Design Engineer is to develop physical, mechanical, and electromechanical concepts, designs, and solutions that address various high temperature gas-cooled reactor (HTGR) structures, systems, and components. Includes SSC manufacturing considerations, assembly and integration considerations, operational performance, maintenance support, and the tooling and ground support equipment needed to build and transport the SSCs, as appropriate.
• Based on requirements and user needs, develop mechanical/physical concepts, designs, and processes to create structures, systems and components (SSCs) for HTGRs. Examples include: pressure vessels, control rod drive assemblies, core reflectors, cavity cooling systems, fuel handling systems, spent fuel storage systems, steam generators, etc.
• Establish, manage and maintain the CAD-generated engineering models and related metadata database of the reactor SSCs. Devise and maintain part and drawing numbering systems based on the X-energy established system breakdown structure.
• Devise logical breakdown of systems to their piece part constituents, create large system assemblies consisting of many parts; evaluate interfaces within and across SSCs and understand/quantify/document interface requirements.
• Coordinate and iterate design efforts with fluid dynamics, seismic/structural dynamics, electrical, neutronic, manufacturing, and other systems to understand impacts and ensure compatibility with each.
• Perform work in accordance with X-energy Configuration Management Plan (CMP); maintain system and model compatibility in X-energy’s Teamcenter Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system.
• Support Systems Engineering in developing requirements for lower level systems (i.e., cooling water systems, compressed air systems, HVAC etc.)
• Technical proficiency in 3-dimensional design modelling tools and software
• Communications proficiency
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Collaboration Skills
• Critical Thinking
• Troubleshooting Skills
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must be eligible to apply for and possess a U.S. security clearance with either the Dept. of Defense or the Dept. of Energy
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• Five years of experience in computer aided design systems and modeling and/or analysis in the mechanical field.
• Three years of experience working within configuration management/control systems.
• Must be a US citizen eligible for a Dept. of Defense or Dept. of Energy Security Clearance
• In-depth knowledge designing complex components using 3D CAD modeling software; integration of models from various CAD software vendors. Siemens NX is preferred; KeyCreator, SolidWorks, CREO, etc. also acceptable
• Experience in conceptualizing and developing complex 3-D complex assemblies, Bill of Materials (BoM); leading teams to translate models into manufacturable drawing packages or CAD/CAM-compatible files.
• Ability to work in a team to produce desired outputs in short turnaround times.
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
To Apply by Email: [email protected]