The Manager, Budget Analysis will be responsible for X-energy’s Program and Enterprise budget activities to include: budget preparation, management reporting, proposal pricing, and analysis of indirect costs (e.g. fringe benefits and other general and administrative expenses).
Enterprise Budgeting & Financial Planning
- Coordinate, develop and manage the annual operating budget and monthly reporting packages while incorporating forecasts and volume projections into budget
- Work with program and project managers to develop the organization’s budget and review for completeness and accuracy
- Apply consistent analysis and attention to detail in work pertaining to the consolidation and review of financial information, and their associated analysis, as they are shared with the Senior Leadership Team
- Generate monthly internal financial reports such as cash flow, indirect rate variance, and monthly Enterprise budget status reports.\
- Work with program and project managers to develop and maintain project budgets.
- Manage all project financial reporting to Government customers
- Keep program managers informed of the status and availability of funds
- Work with Procurement and Contracts staff to track actual and budget costs
Government Bids & Proposals
- Collaborate with Program Manager(s), Accounting, Contracts & Procurement departments to understand the financial implications of decisions to be made in response to existing or new government contracts.
- Develop cost/pricing models and narratives, schedules, and other elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications to determine anticipated direct costs (labor, material requirements, equipment costs, other direct costs) and indirect rates.
- Financial Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Conduct
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Proven track record of academic and professional excellence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 5-7 years’ experience in high growth or transformational environment
- Strong MS Office application experience, specifically with Excel and PowerPoint required
- Proficiency with Deltek CostPoint 7.1.1 and Cognos Reporting required
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and management accounting reporting practices
- Technical and managerial skills to perform a wide variety of financial analysis
- Experience preparing successful price proposals and associated price volume/cost narrative
- Ability to establish a high degree of accountability across the organization through both performance measurements and clear communications
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFAR, and DCAA regulations and requirements
- Large infrastructure or energy project development, preferably under a public-private partnership experience advantageous
- Solid knowledge of financial modeling best practices to develop long-range plans and comprehensive investment analyses for management and prospective investors
- Skills to develop and maintain strong relationships with leadership
- Superior communication skills, with extensive experience writing both technical financial opinions and clear communications of financial principles to individual outside the financial community
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
To Apply by Email: [email protected].