Systems Engineer – Nuclear Systems
The Systems Engineer – Nuclear Systems provides expert technical oversight, direction, and consultation in one or more areas for the design, development and implementation of mechanical components, products and systems. The Systems Engineer – Nuclear Systems performs broad-based mechanical design and development including requirements assessment, mechanical/physical architecture, key components selection and design through integration, test, operations, and maintenance.
- Leads large, complex mechanical/materials/thermodynamic, and structural engineering assignments with clear and specified objectives; utilizes conventional specification and/or Interface Control Document development, and
- Recommends system design alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures from an assembly, transportation, construction, operations, maintenance, or decommissioning
- Creates advanced engineering solutions and leads junior engineers through the mechanical engineering design, analysis, fabrication, assembly and test process
- Leads reviews and presentations for internal company design reviews and customer design reviews in regard to mechanical configuration and related structures, systems, and components
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to develop and work from a personal task list
- Ability to make decisions based on sound engineering calculations and judgment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Ability to multi-task with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment with changing requirements and priorities
- Ability to lead technical activities and provide guidance to lesser experienced engineering and technical team members
- Provide effective leadership through direct communication and cooperative work with customers
- Ability to independently solve advanced technical problems
- Ability to interpret customer needs and to develop system requirements
- Ability to interpret test results and develop system usage/integration plans
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be eligible to apply for and possess a U.S. security clearance with either the Dept. of Defense or the Dept. of Energy
- Seven to ten years of professional experience in Thermo-Dynamic, Mechanical or Systems design, analysis, or test engineering discipline
- Master’s Degree or other advanced degree(s) in Mechanical Engineering, Materials
- Technical proficiency in the assigned area of mechanical engineering discipline – performing design, analysis, development, research, testing, and/or Validation & Verification activities
- Three years as a lead engineer, providing direction to a team of junior designer, engineers, and analysts in the development of complex systems
- Knowledge with at least one of the following tools: CREO, SolidWorks, NX, FEMAP, ANSYS, Visio, Matlab, with applications to complex, dynamic mechanical systems.
- Able to effectively communicate results and analytical findings verbally and in writing.
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
To Apply by Email: [email protected]