The Instrumentation & Control Systems Design Lead – Nuclear Systems provides expert technical oversight, direction, and consultation in the design, development and implementation of instrumentation & control (I&C) components, products and systems. The I&C Systems Engineer performs broad-based I&C design and development including requirements assessment, I&C architecture, plant control philosophy and approach, plant modes & states definition, plant simulator specification & development, key components selection and design through integration, test, operations, and maintenance.
• Captures requirements and functions of the Reactor I&C System
• Develops the I&C architecture which includes the human machine interface, automation interface and process (actuators and sensors) interface.
• Develops the reactor system control philosophy and control approach.
• Defines the reactor system Modes & States.
• Develops the Instrumentation & Control Systems Design Description.
• Develops the simulator according to the I&C Architecture.
• Performs Open Loop Analyses, Unprotected Transients, Protected Transients and reactor system duty cycle analysis to develop and test the I&C systems.
• Leads large, complex I&C engineering assignments with clear and specified objectives; utilizes conventional specification and/or Interface Control Documents and plans.
• Recommends system design alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures from an assembly, transportation, construction, operations, maintenance, or decommissioning perspective.
• Creates advanced engineering solutions and leads junior engineers through the I&C engineering design, analysis, fabrication, assembly and test process
• Leads reviews and presentations for internal company design reviews and customer design reviews regarding I&C system design.
• Demonstrates expertise in a variety of I&C concepts, practices and procedures (I&C design & architecture, PID controller tuning & layout, simulator development, etc.)
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to make decisions based on sound engineering calculations and judgment
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, self-starter
• Ability to multi-task with exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to function in a dynamic environment with changing requirements and priorities
• Ability to lead technical activities and provide guidance to lesser experienced engineering and technical team members
• Provide effective leadership through direct communication and cooperative work with customers
• Ability to lead teams to solve advanced technical problems
• Ability to interpret customer needs and to develop system requirements
• Ability to interpret test results and develop system usage/integration plans
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must be eligible to apply for and possess a U.S. security clearance with either the Dept. of Defense or the Dept. of Energy
• Seven to ten years of professional experience in I&C System Design, preferably in the nuclear reactor environment, analysis, or test engineering discipline
• B.S. (required) or master’s degree (desired) in Software Engineering, Electronic /Electrical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Systems Engineering or related discipline
• Technical proficiency in the assigned area of I&C engineering discipline –performing design, analysis, development, research, testing, and/or Validation & Verification activities
• Knowledge with one or more of the following tools: Matlab, Simulink, Flownex, SimuPact, Visio with applications to complex, dynamic I&C systems
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
To Apply by Email: [email protected]