The Electrical Design Engineer provides expert technical oversight, direction, and consultation in one or more areas for the design, development and implementation of electrical components, products and systems. The Electrical Systems Engineer performs broad-based electrical design and development including requirements assessment, electrical single line diagrams and schematics, leads key components selection and design through integration, test, operations, and maintenance.
• Captures Requirements and Functions of the Electrical System for nuclear reactor systems.
• Develops the Power Electronics Specification that is responsible for the interaction between the turbine-generator set; auxiliary power unit; grid and AC & DC busses.
• Develops the Electrical Single Line diagrams, schematics, and other design capture methods.
• Develops the Systems Design Descriptions for systems and components.
• Oversees and coordinates Simulator specifications & development.
• Leads large, complex electrical engineering assignments with clear and specified objectives; utilizes conventional specification and/or Interface Control Documents and plans.
• Recommends system design alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures from an assembly, transportation, construction, operations, maintenance, or decommissioning perspective.
• Creates advanced engineering solutions and leads junior engineers through the electrical engineering design, analysis, fabrication, assembly and test process.
• Leads reviews and presentations for internal company design reviews and customer design reviews regarding electrical system design which includes power electronics design, auxiliary power specification, electrical system integration and testing.
• Ability to make decisions based on sound engineering calculations and judgment
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, self-starter
• Ability to multi-task with exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to function in a dynamic environment with changing requirements and priorities
• Ability to lead technical activities and provide guidance to lesser experienced engineering and technical team members
• Provide effective leadership through direct communication and cooperative work with customers
• Ability to lead teams to solve advanced technical problems
• Ability to interpret customer needs and to develop system requirements
• Ability to interpret test results and develop system usage/integration plans
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must be eligible to apply for and possess a U.S. security clearance with either the Dept. of Defense or the Dept. of Energy
• Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree(s) in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Physics, or related discipline
• Demonstrated seven to ten years’ expertise in a variety of electrical system development concepts, practices, and procedures (e.g., power electronics design & architecture, AC and/or DC components, switch gear, PID controllers etc.)
• Experience in the High Temperature Gas Cooled Reactor technology is an advantage.
• Technical proficiency in the assigned area of electrical engineering discipline –performing design, analysis, development, research, testing, and/or validation & verification activities
• Knowledge with one or more of the following tools: Matlab, Simulink, OrCAD PsPice, Capterra, Flownex, SimuPact, Visio and their application to complex, dynamic electrical systems
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
To Apply by Email: [email protected]