Director, Fuel Business Development
X Energy, LLC (X-energy) is searching for a Director, Fuel Business Development. The successful candidate will lead and direct the formulation and implementation of the company strategy to establish a pipeline of TRISO or TRISO-based fuel element contract opportunities. Opportunities will focus Department of Defense, International, NASA, and private TRISO-based reactor designers. The position will also help establish a HALEU fuel supply chain.
Director, Fuel Business Development will be responsible for the following:
1) Understanding the U.S. government need for TRISO-based fuel by agencies such as the Department of Defense (DOD), National Aeronautical Space Agency (NASA), Department of Energy (DOE) as well as the supply of HALEU from DOE or National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA).
2) Understanding the TRISO-based reactor designers’ needs for TRISO and/or TRISO based fuel elements. The candidate will actively seek out opportunities and maintain relationships with all companies that utilize TRISO fuel
3) Identifies X-energy’s value proposition and targets of opportunity to these agencies; qualifies identified opportunities; develops Capture and Win Strategies for qualified opportunities approved by executive leadership. Secures teaming opportunities within industry; leads the pursuit of specific contract opportunities, from pursuit formulation through purchase order (PO).
4) The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem-solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers, and peers.
• Leads PO capture efforts to successful completion
• Performs opportunity analyses and interfaces with X-energy leadership and organizations to ensure TRISO-based customers are secured
• Develops capture and win strategies including business solution for pursuit
• Performs market and economic analyses
• Designs and executes formal PO capture plans
• Monitors competitor activity
• Executes customer call plans to qualify and assess the “win-ability” of new opportunities, and to shape acquisitions
• Evaluates potential teammates to ensure complete coverage of all opportunity requirements, and coordinates teaming activities and decisions
• Leads development of customer profiles—including customer needs, issues, hopes, and biases
• Regularly interacts with all levels of management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers
• Prepares pipeline plans
• Solicit and glean advanced knowledge of pending discipline needs, current systems, future requirements, and organizations to position X-energy for pursuit of new contracts and customers.
• Influences decision makers in the HALEU fuel supply chain to make HALEU available to X-energy TRISO-X business unit
• Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / partners
• Proactive, superior attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
• Business acumen, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
• Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
• Ability to travel on an as needed basis
• Experience with federal government budget, investments and acquisition processes.
• Deep understanding of baseline pricing strategies, and the evolution of pricing strategies into business strategies that are competitive and compelling for the customer
• Knowledge of and strong contacts within the relevant customer and technical community to facilitate strategic teaming relationships
• Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers across the company.
• Stature in the fuel supply chain and broad base of personal contacts
• Bachelor’s degree in Nuclear Physics/Engineering/Sciences or related field from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 20 years Business Development
• Successful track record of developing and implementing significant PO generation
• Strong familiarity with DOE and National Labs (Oak Ridge, Idaho, Savannah River, etc.) and entities within the existing fuel supply chain
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished business developer who understands project management, fuel supply chain, fuel operations, contracts, and proposal development, and thrives in an environment where they are responsible to manage and execute the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. Must be familiar with customer terminology, policies, organizational structure, and technical environment. Should have experience performing Business Development and Capture for U.S. Government opportunities. Position reports directly to X-energy VP Fuel Production.
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
To Apply by Email: [email protected]