Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Analyst
This person will be responsible for developing Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) models and conducting analyses of various high temperature gas-cooled reactor (HTGR) configurations and associated systems. The position requires interaction with other disciplines such as neutronics, structural mechanics, materials, system analysis, instrumentation and control, and other general engineering disciplines to understand the interfaces, dependencies, and influence of those subsystems on the reactor’s thermo-fluids behaviors and thermodynamic design.
• Responsible for development, testing and verification of CFD models to support design of X-energy developed HTGRs and support analysis that will form part of the reactor licensing basis (steady state and transient conditions, design basis events, anomalies, etc.).
• Develop verification and validation (V&V) plans for any CFD software code and user coding developed by X-energy, in accordance with NQA1 requirements.
• Define the types and scope of physical tests that would be required to support the V&V effort, at the time when X-energy must perform reactor heat transfer validation testing.
• Develop best practice guides and procedures for performing CFD analysis.
• Manage the configuration of alternatives/solution evaluated to ensure traceability; accomplish the appropriate documentation and archiving of the CFD models and solutions developed to ensure other analysts, regulators, management, and other industry partners are able to access, review, and understand the models developed and analyses performed.
• Technical proficiency in thermo-fluidics and thermo-dynamic/physical modelling tools and software
• Communications proficiency
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Collaboration Skills
• Critical Thinking
• Troubleshooting Skills
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must be eligible to apply for and possess a U.S. security clearance with either the Dept. of Defense or the Dept. of Energy
• Masters or Doctoral degree in mechanical and/or nuclear engineering with an emphasis on thermodynamics, thermo-fluids, mechanical design, and/or heat transfer.
• Minimum of 2-5 years relevant work experience.
• Experience the nuclear field will be advantageous.
• Minimum of two years previous CFD analysis experience is using codes such as STAR-CCM+ a strong plus.
• In-depth knowledge of the fluid mechanics and thermodynamics
• Experience with analysis tools and commercial CFD codes, such as STAR-CCM+.
• Strong knowledge of and direct experience in general mechanical and thermodynamic analysis and related engineering disciplines.
• The ability to interface with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists.
• Excellent computer skills
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
To Apply by Email: [email protected]