A leader in today’s reimagined nuclear energy solutions.
PRESIDENT KENNEDY ONCE SAID THAT WE ARE IN A SPACE RACE AND MY WORK WITH NASA REFLECTS THE PROGRESS HE HAD HOPED FOR. TODAY, WE ARE IN AN ENERGY RACE. PROVIDING CLEAN ENERGY ACROSS THE WORLD IS MY VISION FOR X-ENERGY AND I BELIEVE THAT RELIABLE ENERGY SUPPLIES ARE INTRINSICALLY LINKED TO OUR OVERALL SECURITY.
– DR. KAM GHAFFARIAN, FOUNDER & EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN
Dr. Kam Ghaffarian founded X-energy in 2009 with the altruistic goal to change the world through innovative and implementable energy solutions that are clean, safe, secure and affordable.
Since then, X-energy has emerged as the leading U.S. firm developing advanced small modular nuclear systems based on proven high temperature gas-cooled reactor technology. Our reactors use intrinsically safe and proliferation resistant TRISO fuel.
In 2016 and 2018, X-energy won competitive grants from the U.S. Department of Energy to further advance its reactor design and develop the nation’s only TRISO fuel fabrication facility, which began operations in 2018.
Today, we are focused on bringing this transformative technology to the U.S. military and commercial markets around the world.
Our advanced nuclear technology is the solution.
World population surges, energy demand and air pollution continue to increase. We have a global energy crisis that can no longer be ignored. Nuclear plays a pivotal role in environmental progress. Our advanced reactors will provide for energy security, environmental security, national security, mission assurance, economic security, industrial security and infrastructure security. X-energy’s advanced reactor technology will also be used to reclaim global nuclear leadership.
Advanced nuclear energy is:
- Produces zero carbon emissions
- Complement renewables on hybrid grids
- Capable of operating using advanced fuel cycles
- Highly proliferation resistant fuel cycle
- Low security risk profile
- On-site spent fuel storage
- Underground reactor layout is possible
- Meltdown proof / Walkaway safe
- No power needed for safety
- No significant off-site release
- 99.99% of fissile material retained in pebbles
- Less construction time
- 13-acre plant footprint
- Uses factory-produced components
- Competitive LCOE and over-night cost