Nuclear Fuel Manufacturing Process Engineer
X Energy, LLC (X-energy) is searching for a Nuclear Fuel Manufacturing Process Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of the waste fuel handing systems for the TRISO-X Fuel Fabrication Facility (FFF) in order to create the most cost effective TRISO-based fabrication facility in history.
Design and implement waste handling systems for the TRISO-X FFF
Responsible for the engineering and design of the waste fuel handing systems, including:
• In depth knowledge of the existing fuel cycle waste disposition systems and the ability to apply this process knowledge to TRISO.
• Knowledge of local and state environmental requirements associated with waste handling at nuclear facilities
• Working knowledge of relevant Codes and Standards for nuclear facilities.
• Beneficial to have a knowledge of and experience in an existing fuel fabrication facility.
• A basic understanding of the nuclear regulatory process related to fuel facility design criteria as specified by the NRC.
• Basic CAD or 3D modelling skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office Suite applications
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical and/or nuclear engineering fields.
• Minimum of 10 years work experience
• Knowledge and understanding of design codes and standards in the US environment will be essential.
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
To Apply by Email: [email protected]