The X Energy, LLC (X-energy) Communications Director is a key position that broadcasts our vision, culture and path to success. Works closely with CEO. You are the Department! High energy and passion required. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to formulate and execute the company strategy of establishing X-energy as the most exciting and promising market leader in the Fourth Generation Nuclear Reactor and Fuel Supplier Industries across all relevant mediums. Our key audiences will be industry experts, government officials, industry regulators, investors, and the general public. X-energy is a small, entrepreneurial company that prides itself on finding the right people who are committed to hard work, teamwork, and strong personal drive to pull our organization to the highest levels of success in a very competitive field. Successful candidate must be passionate, self-disciplined and able to grow any underdeveloped requested competencies quickly and proficiently.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS: To create a best in class Communications Plan that will flow down to the X-energy Website, LinkedIn Page, Twitter Account, Marketing Materials, Presentation Materials, Press Releases, and Investor Updates in a unified, coherent and compelling manner.
COMMUNICATIONS PLAN – prove demonstrated ability to:
- Create a comprehensive communications plan.
- Assist in development of corporate business case, business plan, and other documents.
- Create plans and commensurate budgets with detailed allocation of resources dedicated to specific areas of responsibility.
- Present communications plans to senior executives for review, improvement and adoption.
- Create or contract with qualified firms for the creation of materials, illustrations, photographs, and videos to populate the various communications mediums.
- Insist upon exacting standards from self and contractors; provide regular updates on project initiation, progress updates and receive approval for adoption of final product from Executive Team.
WEBSITE, LINKEDIN, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, SOCIAL MEDIA – prove demonstrated ability to:
- Oversee X-energy.com, including writing copy, designing visually appealing layouts, and keeping site current with frequent and compelling company updates.
- Oversee X-energy social media channels (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, FB) and promote the company across social media through timely tweets, updates, and other original content.
- Engaging third party talent as needed to create compelling content for all social media mediums.
MARKETING, PRESENTATION AND INVESTOR MATERIALS – prove demonstrated ability to:
- Develop original presentation content for a wide range of presentations, meetings, and other events at which X-energy staff presents; ensure formatting consistency and professional appearance of outgoing presentations.
PRESS RELATIONS/PRESS RELEASE – prove demonstrated ability to:
- Respond to incoming media requests: vet reporters & outlets; schedule interviews with senior staff; provide follow-up clarification & additional information; provide limited quotes. to media; review X-energy coverage and request retractions where applicable.
- Write and distribute press releases to alert media outlets of major company news.
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES – prove demonstrated ability to:
- Monitor & track developments from key competitors in nuclear energy industry; alert senior staff of notable developments.
- Maintain weekly tracker of upcoming conferences, industry meetings, and other events for senior staff review.
- Coordinate administrative & logistical support for conference appearances, including liaising between company leadership & conference organizers.
- Maintain and distribute weekly business development calendar of upcoming meetings & events for senior staff review.
- BA degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or similar field
- 7+ years of experience in the field
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-driven business environment, with emphasis on multi-tasking
- Ability to understand complex topics and explain them in simple, straightforward language
- Experience creating, designing and writing effective advertising, literature, promotions, and press releases across multiple platforms & formats.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Familiarity and/or experience in the nuclear industry is a strong plus
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to communications management
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
To Apply by Email: [email protected]